Thursday, August 16, 2007

May and June Socks

Here are the socks for the May and June entries of my sock calendar. The April socks are done (need to get pics) and I have one sock for July but they are slow-going.

My May socks (accidently deleted image) were from the Loopy Ewe Seasonal Sock Club. The yarn is a merino/tencel blend from All Things Heather. While knitting, the yarn seemed a little splitty. After a soak, the stitches now are laying so flat and beautifully gleaming. I reallly like this yarn. It's been much too warm to wear socks so the final test will have to wait until late fall. A pattern, Summerfield, was written by Lisa from Wildhorse Farms Designs. I decided to try the Monkey pattern from Cookie A. The variation in yarn colors was perfect for the pattern.

The June socks were knit for my stepson. He's so funny! Here it is in the hot, humid 90's and he's sporting wool socks. These were knit with Debbie Bliss Wool Cotton using the Garter Rib stitch pattern from Sensational Knitted Socks. I started the socks during our family vacation
trip to Maine. I had loads of travel time and an easy stitch pattern so one sock was completed and another one got started before I returned home.

No comments: