Monday, February 12, 2007

Sock and a sweater

I had a GRRR moment this weekend. Of course, it could have been avoided if I would keep meticulous notes. Alas, I did not. You would think that I would relish the thought of using a notebook to track those little things like length of heel flap. I love to use lists so why the heck can't I be bothered to write down these important bits of info? I contemplate jotting these notes for future reference but trust my memory will not fail me. It did. So after I had completed 3" on my cuff, I finally looked at my sock and how it compared to the first sock. Not good, as it was 1/2" longer. No, it's not alot but quite a bit of yarn is eaten up in the gusset. I did what any good knitter would do and frogged back to the heel flap. Now, it's going along quite nicely. The other DUH moment was I, yet again, told me that I knew I should have bought 3 balls of the Rowan Yorkshire Tweed instead of 2. The first sock ended up being a decent length but the second ball looks smaller. Of course, I'm probably being paranoid.

I'm knitting my first sweater, the Hourglass, from "Last Minute Knitted Gifts". I love the softly-shaped waist, flared sleeves and wide neckline. I selected K1C2 Angora Soft in a pale blue. I'm up to the sleeves which I will be knitting ala Magic Loop. I 've never tried this method but I have an extra size 7 needle which means I won't need to buy another needle. Which really means that I can buy some beautiful hand-painted sock yarn.

No comments: