Sunday, September 30, 2007

Zippy Zinnias aka Twisted Flower

What can I say about this lovely pattern that hasn't been said already? Are the socks lovely? Oh, yes! Is it amazing how the twists and cables create this intricate design that seems to weave itself throughout the leg and down into the foot? Yes, yes!! Am I glad that I finally wove it that last end today? Definitely!

I started Zippy Zinnias back on July 2nd with a planned completion dates on July 31st. I was still deep in the gardening and something about digging, pulling weeds and planting doesn't agree with my right hand. I couldn't hold a needle for more than 5 minutes. Hand pain plus numerous twists and cable proved too much. When Loopy Ewe announced that the Q3 challenge would be to push yourself and knit socks that would kick out your bum, I knew that I had already picked the perfect pattern. Well, I got them done in time for the deadline of October 1st. WHEW!

Pattern: Twisted Flowers by Cookie A.
Yarn: J. Knits Superwash Me in Indiana
Needles: Crystal Palace 0s
Cable Needle: A sanded-down toothpick.










Here's a bonus. These socks are part of the Loopy Ewe Seasonal Sock Club. The pattern, "Pheasant Run", is by Lisa Parker of Wildhorse Farms. The yarn is Claudia's Hand-Painted which is absolutely delicious. Gotta love that Louet base!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love both pairs of socks. I've had my eye on the Twisted Flower for awhile, but the others are beautiful. Alas, I have to work on some plain vanilla guy socks for the time being.

Lucy said...

Your socks are exquisite - Many Congratulations - they are works of art!!

|chee-uh| said...

Those twisted flower looks fabulous! I can't wait to start on Cookie's patterns. I only have to finish three lace/doubleknit scarves first...:)